Smart Learning – Media use in craft further eduaction (BMBF)
Traditional continuing education concepts in the craft sector are based on face-to-face events and are implemented with a large practical relevance, ie with practical exercises and instructions in workshops as well as construction site excursions. Since the participants are mostly fully employed, further education requires a high level of self-motivation and stamina in addition to their work and family life.
The main focus of the project is the development and testing
- a novel media didactic concept
- the development of digital media and
- a learning companion app
for the training as "Building Energy Advisor (HWK)".
The learning companion app tracks the learning process through a Learning Analytics component and provides the learner with customized learning objects.
Benefits for the learners
- Lesson content is taught more clearly
- Online tests allow individual learning support
- the learning process is individually analyzed and adapted
- Learning is possible anytime and anywhere
The collaborative project "Smart Learning - Media Use in Craft Training (SLHw)" is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) as part of the funding program "Digital Media in Vocational Education and Training".
- Bildungs- und Technologiezentrum (BTZ) der Handwerkskammer Berlin(Gesamtprojektleitung: Dr.-Ing. Jost-Peter Kania)
- Berliner Hochschule für Technik, Fachbereich Informatik und Medien, Labor Online Learning (Prof Dr. Agathe Merceron)
- Fraunhofer Institut für offene Kommunikationssysteme Berlin (FOKUS), Kompetenzzentrum FAME - Future Applications and Media (Dr.-Ing. Stefan Arbanowski, Christopher Krauss)
- Institut für Zukunftsstudien und Technologiebewertung e.V. Berlin (IZT) (Dr. Michael Scharp)