Stephan Pieper is a research associate at the Beuth University of Applied Sciences Berlin. He studied computer science at the Technical University of Berlin. He wrote his master's thesis on the extraction of n-ary relations from English-language texts. In his spare time Stephan Pieper is a passionate cook, angler and water sportsman. In addition, he was seized by the travel fever and crossed for really spicy and delicious food half the world.
After completing his studies, two fellow students and Stephan Pieper founded a startup called Surpreso. The goal of Surpreso was to answer the vital question: "What should I give?". Many people have a hard time with this question and give very impersonal things such as socks or vouchers. Surpreso was therefore able to recommend customized gifts from 100 partner shops for friends from social media data. The gift brokerage to partner shops generated up to ten percent commission.
Stephan works in the project ExCELL, which is financed by means of the BMWi program Smart Data.
- Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Traffic Prediction and Traffic Analysis
- Social Recommender Systeme
- Alexander Löser, Christoph Nagel, Stephan Pieper, Christoph Boden: Beyond search: Retrieving complete tuples from a text-database. Information Systems Frontiers 15(3): 311-329 (2013)
- Christoph Boden, Alexander Löser, Christoph Nagel, Stephan Pieper: Fact-Aware Document Retrieval for Information Extraction. Datenbank-Spektrum 12(2): 89-100 (2012)
- Alexander Löser, Christoph Nagel, Stephan Pieper, Christoph Boden: Self-supervised web search for any-k complete tuples. BEWEB 2011: 4-11
- Christoph Boden, Alexander Löser, Christoph Nagel, Stephan Pieper: FactCrawl: A Fact Retrieval Framework for Full-Text Indices. WebDB 2011
- Alexander Löser, Christoph Nagel, Stephan Pieper: Augmenting Tables by Self-supervised Web Search. BIRTE 2010: 84-99
- Henning Mohren, Stephan Pieper: Automatischer X.509v3-Zertifizierungsdienst. GI Jahrestagung (2) 2007: 169-173