BMBF FH Invest - Human.VR.Lab
In the Human-Robot-Interaction Virtual Reality Laboratory, or Human.VR.Lab for short, everything revolves around the interaction between humans and technology and urban life in the future. By networking teams of researchers from different disciplines and courses of study, the diverse competencies of Beuth University can be effectively bundled. In the future, the laboratory will enable a practical investigation of the question of how dynamic decision-making processes function and can be improved in the close interaction between man and technology. The focus will be on the interfaces between the life sciences, robotics, mechanical engineering and computer science (Interactive Systems and Artificial Intelligence (AI)).
For this purpose the laboratory is equipped with:
1. a motion tracking system, which can also be used to make recordings for animation films or computer games.
2. a VR classroom to give a complete seminar group simultaneous access to VR systems.
3. the walking robot Digit from Agility Robotics as a link between human-technology interaction.
4. two DGX A100 Nvidia systems to develop intelligent assistance systems.
5. an extension for the Beuth-CAVE in the CAE laboratory for increased immersion in VR.
Participating professors (BHT):
- Prof. Dr. Kristian Hildebrand: Computer Graphics, Computer Vision
- Prof. Dr. Ivo W. Boblan: Humanoid Robotics, Bio-/Soft-Robotics, Bionics
- Prof. Dr. Peter Tröger: Distributed Systems, Parallel Computing
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Löser: Data Science and Text-based Information Systems (DATEXIS)
- Prof. Dr. Steffen Prowe: Life Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Simone Reber: Life Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Villwock: Mechanical Engineering, CAE, Simulation
- art+com AG,
- Berlin Partner GmbH,
- Carl Stahl GmbH,
- Charité Berlin,
- Dive Solutions GmbH,
- Schindler AG,
- P.A.N. Zentrum für Post-Akute Neurorehabilitation
BMBF FH Invest